Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Second Day

During the time of Jesus, may people on the day after His death, I am sure were filled with many emotions. Some, I am sure, were glad to be rid of the conflict of the man. Many more, I imagine were feeling remorse for their actions, feelings, or perhaps thinking if they could have done more. They, like Jesus, were all part of the plan. Every person played a role in teaching us about our "new life". Jesus died a terrible, painful death, so we may have Life. So, it is with humble mind, I ask myself this morning, could I be doing more? could I be more encouraging? more supportive? more forgiving? less critical and more helpful? gentle? kind? strong? This my friends, is Life...for me.
As I sat on my deck, in prayer, yesterday morning, I was blessed by a visitor. The most beautiful ruby throated hummingbird...the first of the season. I loudly thanked God for His presence, as hummingbirds and I go way back in symbolism. He came back again this morning and as I smiled and thanked the Lord, I knew it was time to prepare the feeders. See, it is my job, to feed what I love. Think I will support, encourage, forgive, be gentle, ...I think you get the idea! Let each and every person in your life know how valued they are. We are not promised tomorrow.
I love you and hold you all in prayer
Pat Howes Prayer Minister Holy Cross MCC Pensacola FL

No comments: