Thursday, March 20, 2008

The True Meaning of Love

Well, I asked for patience and it was given. I wrote an entry and it is off in cyberspace somewhere!

Holy Thursday and Good Friday are two of the most reflective days for me. How can anyone love me so much? I was told many years ago, by a spiritual mentor, if I had been the only person in the world, Jesus would have died on the cross for me. Those words, uttered to me back in the early 80's, changed my life.

I would like to encourage everyone to do some reflective reading during this Holy Week. Psalm 22 as well as the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Jesus suffered beyond belief, for each and every one us. That is the true meaning of love...and it continues...come Sunday.
Pat Howes Prayer Minister Holy Cross MCC Pensacola FL

No comments: