Friday, March 14, 2008

Holy Spirit Detour!

As I prepare to write in this blog, I spend many days in prayer. I have come to the decision that it reminds me of the 35 years that I have prepared lesson plans. I have never been one to "stay in the plan" just because the topic has been given. As I have said before, I must listen and the Holy Spirit sends me!

There are three things that have been placed in my heart to write about. I share them, you are free as always, to do what whatever is placed within you.

Personally, I tire of hearing people speak
TO the negative of this world. Do you realize if we listen to the majority of "experts", we as a nation, will be suffering financially for the next 8-10 years. Many times, I find "experts" like opinions. I believe we can make a difference in our thinking. I have chosen to "speak to" prosperity, to take authority over the negative words and in faith, believe that this country will turn around much quicker than expected. I believe the promise written, we have not because we ask not. I, in faith, am asking. I am in Thanksgiving, for it is done.

Also, all appreciate it when our people are blessed. Here is a challenge...again, if it is in your heart, bless you! I would like to see the food pantry overflowing by Frienship Sunday. Perhaps ask someone whom you have invited, to bring a few cans of food. Lastly, Holy Cross MCC helps more people than we will ever know. I, again in faith, call for a growth in the Benevolent Fund. For me, this will not be, in place of my tithe, but in addition to. Even a dollar here or there can make a difference. Please don't forget our pet ministry too. Talk about loyality. But that, is another topic.

All of you, as promised, are prayed for each and every day. Please keep me in prayer.
Pat Howes Prayer Minister Holy Cross MCC Pensacola, FL

3 comments:

**Ya Think** said...

This is a wonderful post Pat!! Life is full of detours and it is very much a part of living in this world!!

One of the things I have been working towards is getting out of negative zone and seeking more positive approaches, so this post has been yet another blessing. For every dark side there is a bright side. Sometimes we have to get resourceful to put the bright side in gear, but it truly is there.

Thanks again for the great post.

Lorretta W.

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for that, Pat!

Less than two Sundays ago, my friend was worried about not being able to afford flea shampoo for her dogs. I told her (not jokingly) 'don't worry about that, some flea shampoo was bound to "wash up" somewhere'. We never said another word about fleas, until...

LAST Sunday, a bottle of flea shampoo was left in the donation bin in the church, and she was given the shampoo right on the spot, just by asking for it. It wasn't brand new...but it was MUCH appreciated. Thanks to whoever brought the flea shampoo--and wow how fast was that??? Less than a week!

Che

Anonymous said...

Pat;
Thank you so much for your prayers for food, pet food, and certainly for gifts to the benevolence fund. Blessings, Care Minister, Miriam