Friday, April 4, 2008

Words Can Kill

Words can kill everything from a reputation to a person's spirit. Lord, please protect my mouth from spreading death. The following is borrowed from the "Vision of Ministry"
Pat Howes...Prayer Minister

"Scripture: Leviticus 19:16
"Don't spread gossip and rumors” MSG
According to the dictionary I am known as “general talk that is damaging to one’s reputation.”

And when I speak --- you better believe people stop whatever they are doing and listen: My Name Is Gossip.I am nobody's friendI maim without killingI gather strength with ageI am cunning and maliciousI break hearts and ruin livesI have no respect for justiceI make headlinesI make headachesI make heartachesI ruin careersI end ministriesI generate griefI ruin marriagesI destroy familiesI spawn suspicionI trigger indigestionI topple governmentsI cause sleepless nightsI make innocent people cryThe more I am quotedThe more I am believedI flourish everywhere I goMy victims are helplessI have no name and no faceTo track me down is impossibleThe harder you try, the more elusive I becomeOnce I tarnish a reputation, it is never the same
I AM CALLED GOSSIP.
Shop gossipParty gossipOffice gossipChurch gossipOn-line gossipTelephone gossipBefore passing on a questionable story ask:Is it true?Is it fair?Is it necessary?Would I want this said about me?"

Prayer: Father help me to speak words of respect, love and kindness that reflect you. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome. A previous pastor I had did a sermon on "Theft of Reputation." I had an experience myself where my reputation was attacked and it definately took its toll. The only thing I could do was square my shoulders, pick up the pieces, and hold my head up high; I could only move on and away. It is unfortunate when this happens to anyone. Thanks for writing on this topic.