Friday, April 18, 2008

We Are Called To Be Like Children

I am so blessed to tutor 2 afternoons a week. I have 2 of the greatest children on the face of the earth to share life with me. One, Annie, I have worked with for over 2 years. Annie represents what I think the Lord was talking about when He spoke of being like a child. She loves life, she has to work hard, friends are few but those she has are cherished gifts, she hurts when others hurt, she never brags, never says an unkind word. Even when she is trying to explain something that has happened, she never blames or speaks ill of others. She is quite a remarkable 11 year old.

Yesterday we were working on some Math, which was mastered on Tuesday and forgotten by Wednesday. I asked her to try to explain to me why she got confused, was she mixing the concepts perhaps? After attempting to explain, she just looked at me and said, " I don't know, it just blew out of my brain." Annie also has a great sense of humor, we both laughed.

My brain got to thinking after I left Annie, just what has been blown out of my brain! I got to thinking, what would I never want to give up knowing, believing. I realized after coming up with a rather long list, the only thing I never want to "blow out of my brain" is the fact that I have the 24/7 love of my God. All the rest, as important as it seems, is really not that important. Does that mean I do not have important information, memories, dates, names, knowledge stored? Of course not. We all have information stored that we deal with on a daily basis, some information on a back burner, and some ready at a moments notice. But what is really important?

May God bless each of you.
Pat Howes Prayer Minister Holy Cross MCC Pensacola, FL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love and blessings to you..to all..........

I've read...pondered..
absorbed......and thoroughly enjoyed..

Gratitude......

Angel hugs to all who visit...

Healing Grace..and joy..

Rose