Saturday, March 26, 2011

Don't Give Up

Many of you have expressed that you were giving something up for Lent. If you are like me, a couple of weeks into something, you either are used to the change or discouragement can set in. Do not fall for this! It is a trap!! I promise. You can do it, I have faith in you.

As a child, growing up Catholic, you were "required/expected", to give up something for Lent. If you did not know what to give up for Lent, the nuns were full of ideas and suggestions. They even tried to make it a game; you got to pick something out of a hat. The main suggestion always seemed to be chocolate. I always hoped I would get that one, as that was a piece of cake, pardon the pun. I just did not want a slip of paper to say, "barrel pickles". I don't know if the grocery stores in the south had barrel pickles but they were perfect. At age 9 or 10, I decided to give up pickles. It was a long Lenten season.

Then along came Vatican 2. Much like Titus, it brought change. The rules and regulations changed and it was now a time of encouragement to do something positive rather than giving something up. Often times, doing something positive can be tougher, for me a least. I usually try to focus my "positive" on a particular person. I think you get the drift.

The next part of Titus will be coming.I understand he is on vacation in Greece somewhere. But he is all prepared in the next segment to tell us how the "old law" had to be broken so the "new law" could be enforced. There are some good examples for us coming.
May God bless each and every one of you and may you find the joy and peace that you deserve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wonderful...and inspiring...LOVE TO DO GODS WORK with Gods people...and through PRAYER....ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE..